ICT for inclusive learning: the way forward
10-11 November 2011, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Florence, Italy
Update: Conference Results
The website has been updated with:
- Conference Conclusions
- Conference Proceedings
- IT for Inclusive Learning Network (IT4IL) website
This conference aims to promote discussion of inclusive learning in Europe while providing networking and collaborative opportunities for VET and continuing education professionals, providers of e-learning, social partners and policy makers in LLL and related fields; in addition to members of the E-RURALNET Network.
The conference will focus on the role of ICT in increasing access to LLL, in particular continuing education in territories facing the risk of education exclusion due to geographic remoteness, social disadvantage or poor facilities. Improved access to inclusive learning would facilitate economic development and enhance quality of life in rural areas.
The conference builds on the results of the Euracademy Observatory – e-ruralnet project and network, www.e-ruralnet.eu , which address the issue of supply and demand of ICT-enhanced learning in Europe. The research carried out by the e-ruralnet network in 11 countries focuses mostly on rural areas, looking closer at technological and pedagogical innovation that would facilitate inclusive learning.
- defining inclusive learning,
- taking out the “e” from e-learning: breaking down the “borders” between conventional and e-learning in LLL
- current state of e-learning supply and demand in Europe for continuing education
- pedagogical and technological innovation in inclusive learning; the use of new media
- social networks and learning communities as agents of inclusive learning
- European LLL policies and their effect on inclusive learning,
- Territorial dimensions of inclusive learning
- Constraints and facilitators of inclusive learning
VET and continuing education professionals; public or private organisations providing ICT-enhanced learning; academics and students; social partners and policy makers in LLL and related fields; EU-funded projects; members of LLL-related networks.
The conference is organised by the European Academy for Sustainable Rural Development – Euracademy Association and Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche -IBIMET under the aegis of the e-ruralnet Network
The conference is organised with the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme, Key Activity 3, ICT of the European Union